Customer Experience Manager
Bennie (www.bennie.com) is an employee benefits broker and platform that helps companies create a healthier workplace. We provide technology and services that are beyond what growing companies typically receive, yet exactly what they need. Bennie is building the ultimate benefits platform by connecting disparate systems across the benefits supply chain to deliver a complete experience for employees, employers, and partners. Our technology, benefit plans, and service model are designed – first and foremost – with the employee in mind. Bennie was founded in May 2019 and is headquartered in Stamford, CT. Bennie is a remote-first company with offices in New York, NY and Denver, CO.
About the Role:
The Customer Experience Manager (CEM) is responsible for driving customer satisfaction and retention by leading and delivering an exceptional service experience for an assigned book of business. The CEM serves as the primary service relationship owner for assigned customers, while providing support in the development and delivery of key benefit strategies, and helping to develop and maintain relationships with customers and external partners.
Reporting to the Senior Benefits Consultant, the CEM should have experience working in benefits consulting and supporting a book of business, and engaging with insurance carriers and vendors to ensure effective execution on behalf of the customer. The ideal candidate should possess exceptional analytical, communication, and relationship building skills; and is excited to join a startup and work with senior team members to help deliver exceptional consulting service and experience to Bennie’s customers.
The CEM should exhibit the six core attributes of the Bennie consulting team:
- Possess a growth mindset to drive the business upward and forward.
- Take a proactive approach to value creation and delivery for customers, colleagues, and partners.
- Seize the consultative opportunity in every interaction with customers, colleagues, and partners.
- Maintain a curiosity about the industry, Bennie’s customers, and Bennie’s business.
- Bring relentless intensity to the creation of value.
- Work collaboratively with customers, colleagues, and partners.
- Lead and manage the service relationship and strategy for assigned customers, ensuring the delivery of high-quality service experiences and customer satisfaction.
- Support execution of the annual customer account plan for all assigned customers.
- Work collaboratively with the consulting delivery team to support the creation and development of key consulting deliverables.
- Lead customer open enrollment presentations.
- Work collaboratively with other members of the consulting delivery team to support the development and implementation of strategic initiatives.
- Stay updated on industry trends, best practices and regulatory changes, and support education and enablement of customers regarding these developments.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including but not limited to sales, data operations, and product, to identify and support business development and operational improvement opportunities.
- Maintain strong relationships with all customers, strategic partners, and internal Bennie collaborators.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3 years of benefit account management experience supporting a benefit consulting team.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Life & Health Producer’s License.
- Working knowledge of MS excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
Nice to Have:
- Experience working with today’s leading HR/Benefits technology platforms.
- Experience in both large- and small- group benefits consulting.