Bennie is an employee benefits platform that helps companies create a healthier workplace. Our goal is to provide high-quality company benefits through an engaging platform while empowering employees to leverage their benefit options easily and effectively.
At Bennie, we’re creating an environment where our people can learn, thrive, and move our mission forward. Our team is fully remote across the United States, and we also have offices in Stamford, CT, and downtown Manhattan. Our Bennie team owns our company and our culture. We prize diversity of thought and expertise within our team—and we’re always looking for amazing people to help us do and be more.
The Bennie Product team’s mission is to provide a better employee benefits experience. We want to simplify the way employees understand, access, and utilize their benefits – which is why we built the Bennie app for our customers.
About the role:
As a Product Manager at Bennie, you will be working with teams across multiple departments to help define and build the Bennie product. You will be involved in every step of the product life cycle, from market and customer research, user requirements gathering all the way to product launch. You’re equally comfortable collaborating with engineering stakeholders and our HR customers alike and are able to make decisions using a combination of data and intuition. We are a growing startup, which means there is room for you to create a real impact on our product and work directly with Bennie leadership and customers. This position reports to the VP of Product.
- Drive formal and informal research efforts to uncover and understand our customers / prospects / users’ objectives and pain points
- Partner closely with cross-functional stakeholders, product and engineering teams to define, build and execute on impactful product roadmaps from beginning to end
- Oversee product features throughout the product lifecycle from writing user stories to developing product marketing briefs
- Collaborate with product design to develop a modern, intuitive user experience
- Define and continuously measure relevant product success across Bennie’s product portfolio
- Adopt an Agile / Lean methodology in working with Engineering and other collaborators
- Advocate for the customer and user experience throughout Bennie
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience in product management
- Excellent communication skills with a proven track record of developing and executing impactful product roadmaps with cross-functional teams and stakeholders
- Experience working at an earlier or growth stage startup - preferably in B2B SaaS
- Experience making prioritization decisions using quantitative and qualitative data
- Experience working in an Agile software development environment
- Proficiency with SQL (any flavor)
- Proficiency with Atlassian JIRA or other leading project management tools
- Proficiency with Figma or other leading design tools
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability for goals and deliverables
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Computer Science
- Experience in a B2B SaaS startup / growth technology company
- Prior experience in the Employer Benefits domain
- Prior experience in Healthcare Technology
- Experience working in a Remote-first environment
We believe in comprehensive benefits and perks that provide total wellness solutions. We offer excellent healthcare choices, and lots of other great perks!
- Highly competitive compensation package including salary and equity
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Remote-First, work from anywhere
- 401(k) plan
- Parental Leave & flexible vacation policy