Ask Bennie Advocate
Bennie (www.bennie.com) is an employee benefits broker and platform that helps companies create a healthier workplace. We provide technology and services that are beyond what growing companies typically receive, yet exactly what they need. Bennie is building the ultimate benefits platform by connecting disparate systems across the benefits supply chain to deliver a complete experience for employee, employers, and partners. Our technology, benefit plans, and service model are designed – first and foremost – with the employee in mind. Bennie was founded in May 2019 and is headquartered in Stamford, CT. Bennie is a remote-first company with offices in New York, NY and Denver, CO.
About the Role:
The Ask Bennie Advocate will be responsible for resolving member inquiries regarding claims, coverage, plan details, eligibility, and authorizations, along with numerous additional insurance-related questions. The Ask Bennie Advocate will be tasked with utilizing process flow documents, internal systems, and a ticketing system to address and solve member inquiries while proactively addressing additional potential service needs. The applicant should have a high school diploma and 2 years of relevant customer service experience.
The ideal candidate will have outstanding verbal and written communication skills, be highly organized, have excellent problem-solving skills, have a passion for serving others, and possess the ability to be empathetic while going above and beyond to ensure member satisfaction. The ability to adapt to change, be flexible, work within a team, and learn quickly are key to being successful in this role.
- Resolve member claim, appeal, provider, benefit, cost, and other inquiries via phone, service platform, and/or email
- Document resolution detail, member communications, and time to resolution via ticketing system
- Communicate and collaborate with internal consultants and service team
- Outreach to carriers and providers to obtain information and detail when needed
- Navigate internal systems to obtain member, plan, and group specifics and implementation status
- Advise members regarding plan selection based on member-specific and financial needs
- Schedule provider appointments on member’s behalf
- High School Diploma
- 2+ Years of relevant customer service experience
- Proficient in reading & writing in Spanish
- Insurance producer’s license
Bennie Benefits & Perks:
We believe in comprehensive benefits and perks that provide total wellness solutions. We offer excellent healthcare choices, and lots of other great perks!
- Highly competitive compensation package including salary and equity
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
At Bennie, we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our values by ensuring everyone feels they can flourish and grow. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.